Turn off Flash
Self-Locking Retaining Rings are ideal for applications that have high rotational requirements. This feature allows the ring to function properly at speeds that exceed the recommended rotational capacity. The self-locking option can be incorporated for both external and internal rings. The self-locking feature utilizes a small tab on the inside turn “locking” into a slot on the outside turn. Self-locking allows the ring to operate at high speeds, withstand vibration, function under rapid acceleration and absorb a degree of impact loading.
OD & ID Self-Locking Ring
- Easy assembly and removal
- Easy visual verification of proper installation
- Available in heavier cross-sections of wire
Outer Diameter Feature
Inner Diameter Feature
Centerline Locking Feature
- Self-Locking feature is found in the center and therefore not allowed to interfere with mating components
- Prevents misalignment of the ring under side loading
- Installation is manual and once installed the rings become tamper proof. Removal requires installation of new ring.
Snap the last end into place with a sharp hammer blow. Check to make sure locking tab is completely in locking slot.